Memories of Tomorrow
- Roll Reflexes + Insight Rank
- Example: A Crab bushi has a Reflexes of 2. As he has just started, he only has an Insight Rank of 1. For Initiative, he would roll and keep all three dice to determine his Initiative.
- Melee: Agility + Weapon Skill, keep Agility.
- Ranged: Reflexes + Weapon Skill, keep Reflexes.
- Example: The Crab bushi from above has an Agility of 2 and a Heavy Weapons Skill of 2. The Crab would roll 4d10 and keep the two highest dice. This same Crab also has a Kyujutsu Skill of 1. To use a bow, he would roll 3d10 and keep the two highest.
- Melee: Strength + Weapon DR, keep Number designated by Weapon DR.
- Ranged: Bow Strength or Character Strength (Whichever is lower) + Weapon DR, keep Number designated by Weapon DR.
- Example: Back to the Crab bushi. He has a Strength of 3. Using a Katana (a melee weapon) with a DR of 3k2 (Roll 3 Keep(k) 2), the Crab would roll 6d10 and keep the two highest. This same Crab later uses a bow. The bow has a Strength of 1 and the arrow he has selected has a DR of 2k2. In this case, the Crab would roll 3d10 and keep the two highest.
- Come from many sources (Wound Penalties, School Techniques, Kata, Kiho, Spells, etc.)
- Always added or subtracted from the dice total.
- Example: Because the aforementioned Crab is from the Hida Bushi School, he is allowed to add his Earth Ring to all melee attack and damage rolls. This is a minimum of +2 to the dice totals from the attack roll and damage roll. If the Crab were suffering any Wound Penalties, he would subtract the appropriate number from both dice rolls.